If you're a reader or writer looking for helpful online resources, we've gathered a few links that might be helpful.
Faith-Oriented Resources for Readers
- Arts and Faith A discussion board focusing on spiritually significant books, films, and music.
- Books and Culture A Christian review of contemporary culture and literature.
- Burnside Writers Collective An online magazine that presents an alternative to franchise faith.
- Catapult Magazine An online magazine on community.
- Ginosko Literary Journal A unique literary journal that seeks to join together literary vision and spiritual realities.
- Image Journal A journal that focuses on the intersections of art and religion.
- The Matthews House Project A magazine that explores faith and culture through creative expression.
- The Other Journal An online journal that promotes vibrant discourse at the intersections of theology and culture.
- Relevant Magazine An online magazine about God, life, and progressive culture.
- Relief Journal A quarterly journal of Christian expression.
- Ruminate Magazine A magazine that was created by writers as a place for the expression of faith in literature and art.
- Stonework Journal An online journal of art and faith published by Houghton College.
General Resources for Readers
- Biblio Buffet A site that serves up a banquet of book reviews, literary commentary, and conversations.
- Book Clubs A Canadian website on books featuring a number of articles, reviews, and reading guides.
- Bookfest Website of the Library of Congress' annual Bookfest.
- Book List Book reviews from the American Library Association.
- Book Reporter A site that features new books, reviews, and authors to watch.
- Book Worm A showcase for writers of fiction and poetry– the established, new or emerging– all interviewed with insight and precision.
- Critical Mass The blog of the National Book Critics Circle board of directors, offering commentary on literary criticism, publishing, writing.
- Eye on Books A site that features audio interviews with a large number of writers.
- Identity Theory A literary website featuring interviews, articles, and reviews of books, music, poetry, culture, and film.
- Indie Bound A site dedicated to independent bookstores across the nation.
- Library Thing An easy, library-quality catalog that also connects users with people who read the same things. (Search for the Festival group to see what's in our library!)
- Mark Sarvas Literary blog named a "Best of the Web" pick by Forbes magazine.
- The Millions An opinionated, fun, and humorous blog with multiple contributors.
- New York Times The book blog of the New York Times.
- NPR Website of National Public Radio, highlighting books that have been featured on their programming.
- Overbooked A website for ravenous readers, providing timely information about fiction as well as readable nonfiction.
- Reading Group Guides An online community for reading groups that offers numerous resources, including the web’s most extensive list of reading guides.
- Seven Impossible Things Before Breakfast A blog about books, many from the children's and young adult genres.
Resources for Aspiring Writers
- allconferences.com Directory of conferences, conventions, workshops, seminars, and exhibits. Includes calendar, dates, location, web site, contact and registration information.
- Publishers Weekly The magazine's website.
- Poets & Writers The magazine's website.
- Reading Under the Covers A blog by a freelance writer and book reviewer that provides a commentary on writing, publishing, etc.
- The Rejector A blog by an assistant at a literary agency that contains tips on submitting work as well as links to other helpful blogs.
- Stan Guthrie Communications A website that provides updated publishing news, basic publishing information for aspiring writers, interesting facts, and a blog.
- Writers Digest Magazine's website devoted to helping writers develop their craft and hone their publishing acumen.
Resources for Aspiring Writers (Christian Market)
- Chip MacGregor A site by literary agent Chip MacGregor, who offers publishing tips and insights for the Christian market.
- Writing Christian Novels A blog that discusses issues pertaining to writing, publishing, and reading Christian novels.
- Your Writers Group A blog with organized topics and discussion on issues confronting Christian writers.